Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, July 9, 2020

Deep Offense



A person's wisdom yields patience; it is to one's glory to overlook an offense.Proverbs 19:11

Words can really mess us up and it is so easy to write or say something and be taken totally out of context. It has happened to me and probably it has happened to you.
Words can be misunderstood and wound people. Fires can be set that are hard to extinguish except through time and prayer. Communication is so vital in relationships yet so easily can a person be misinterpreted and judged for something perfectly innocent. Often times those who take offense are hard to win back and only Holy Spirit can deal with the issue.
Spiritual warfare is indeed alive and well on Planet Earth unfortunately and will continue till Jesus’ comes back. Guard your heart, stay off social media where thoughts can pop out and ruin lives. Be willing to forgive when a person has made an unintentional mistake. Now go love one another.

PRAYER: It is so easy to get hurt feelings and become offended. I know taking offense is not from you but is from pit of hell. Help me to focus on good stuff and to truly learn how to overlook things and forgive. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Becky: This is so very true. When I was the target of offensive words, I wanted to react in like manner. This is how I heard things in my childhood and early adulthood. God taught me it was wrong to react in that way. Praise God, I can overlook those hurtful words and give them over to God to handle. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete