Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, June 25, 2018

You Before Me



Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. Philippians 2:3-4

Don’t be selfish. Think of others before yourself. Their feelings. Their pain. Their struggles. Our society is so ‘me’ centered. The selfie culture needs to learn to ‘die to self’ and find projects focusing on others. Maybe time to put the selfie stick down? 

It is often unnatural to put others before yourself. Children until taught by their parents can be very me centered. That is the fallen state of man. But we are new creations in Christ and the old man and nature are no more. 

Here are some nice things you can do. Unexpected cards. Hold doors open for others. Let a car in front of you. Do surprise acts of kindness. Let your spouse have remote control. Take a parking space further away allowing another to be up close. Be kind to check out people. Pay for person behind you in drive through no strings attached. Be creative and think of some of your own. Now go be a blessing. 

PRAYER: Dear Jesus I don’t like to be selfish. I don’t want to always be thinking of myself. Help me break any self centered areas in my life. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment