Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, June 11, 2018

The Comparison Monster



Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

Do you ever catch yourself comparing your life to another? Comparing is a tool of the enemy, period.

Satan wants  you discontent with your life.  A larger house, a prestigious job, a fancier car, a different appearance. Comparing can lead to jealousy, feeling of being left out, saying something your regret later.

If you are inflicted by this monster  do the following exercise either mentally or written down. List all the wonderful ways God has blessed you. When you catch a wrong thought slipping into your mind causing discontentment right then and there stop and rebuke the thought in Jesus name and start replacing wrong thinking with thoughts that build up. Say “I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. No weapon formed against me shall prosper. I am the head and not the tail.”  Now go and thank God for how He made you and how he is blessing you daily.

PRAYER: Forgive me Lord when I slip in to the poisoning of my mind by comparing myself to others. Help me to remember to be myself because everyone else is taken and to give you any bitterness and jealousy before it steals my joy. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment