Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, June 23, 2018

Pride Comes Before A Fall


Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall. Proverbs 16:18

This was literal for me a couple months ago as I was on my way to my local track to walk and strolled through an adjoining senior center parking lot tripped and fell and injured my left hand. I laughed because I had been one of these ‘boomers’ who to myself thought, “I am way more active than those people” then poof I land prone on pavement in their parking lot! Go ahead you can laugh. I did. It served me right and I learned a huge lesson. 

Do you ever catch yourself becoming prideful or haughty over something? It is easy to do if you don’t watch out. Thinking you are better than someone or too good for something is really not a good way to go. “But for the grace of God go I” is what you should say. No one is guaranteed anything tomorrow or the next day. 

God made each of us and NO ONE is better than anyone else. Be able to say to yourself before you get on a lofty perch, thank you Lord for my health, my friends, my hobbies, my energy, my family, the ability to help others, and you fill in the next blanks. If you catch yourself with prideful thinking ask God to remove it from you before you fall down on a parking lot somewhere. 

PRAYER:I am thankful for how you have blessed me Lord and help me NEVER think I am better than or above anything. Help me be able to willingly serve those less fortunate and do it cheerfully. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment