Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, June 14, 2018

Pray First


Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
 Luke 18:1

My church in Huntsville, Alabama has key tags that say ‘Pray First’ and I have one on my key ring right now. The purpose of this tag is to look at it throughout the day and remember what to do before anything else.

Pray First.....
Before entering a heated argument.
Before a questionable Facebook post.
Before sending that text or email.
Before going to court against someone.
Before confronting a rude driver.
Before a job interview.
Before getting on the highway.
Before going on a long journey.
Before making assumptions and saying something you regret.
Before a test or making a big decision. 

I could list many more but I am sure you get the point. Before Satan gets the upper hand stop him in his little puny tracks and pray. I know people who think prayer is stupid and won’t do it or even mock those who do. To me that is sad because that is the way you communicate with God. When a person refuses to pray it is almost like they are opening the door for the enemy. Stop now and talk to God. Tell him your fears, your doubts, and let Him hear your heart. Try to make it something you do throughout your day. 

PRAYER: Prayer is a vital link to you. I love being able to come to you with concerns on my heart and to even lift up doubting Thomases. I love it when those answers come through. Help me Lord to be patient knowing you have a ultimate plan. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment