Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Addicted To Comfort?

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

Here I am in America. This country is pretty comfortable and God has blessed us. Do you ever get out of your comfort zone and get down and dirty or are you content with the status quo?

God wants His people to help others less fortunate. Don’t just sit in a church huddle and then leave and go home doing nothing for your fellow man. Everywhere you go there are hurting people. It is not  necessary to go on an overseas mission trip to find needs. 

Look around you for needs and try to meet some of them. It is a sure fire way to lift you out of any gloom you may be encountering. 

PRAYER: Lord God I want to be your hands and feet and not just sit in my easy chair already. Open the door to a need I can meet and do it regularly. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, we are used to what I call "creature comforts." I thank God for fans and air conditioners and central heat in the winter. You are right, some of us have forgotten how some people have to live. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete