Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, June 18, 2018

Thinking More Highly?


For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. Romans 12:3

Have you ever caught yourself maybe thinking a little bit more highly of yourself because of your social status, money, education, clothes, or even your church home?

Instead of haughtiness even if only inwardly, why not think ‘highly’ meaning think on God. He loves all of us the same and it does not please him when you and I treat others different because of being uneducated, poor, homeless, or ragged looking.

Today don’t allow yourself to ‘go there’ when it comes to elevating yourself over another. If you have that attitude ask God to deliver you from it. Now go love your neighbor.

PRAYER: It can be easy to slip into acting or feeling superior. You look at all your created people the same. Forgive me if I ever got too big for my britches so to speak. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment