Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Bringing Joy In A Disgruntled World


Consider  it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James 1:2-3
Those who know me well know I love to travel and especially fly. I am to not all bent out of shape if the flights get messed up that is unless it is keeping me from a visit with family or a vacation but even then you have to roll with the punches. Recently on one of the many employee family member standby flights I am blessed to get to take, something caused many flights at Washington Reagan to be cancelled so that is when I got the idea for this devotion.

I could choose to pout or go with the flow and see it as an opportunity for yet more devotion material and that is what I am doing now. Maybe just maybe, the reason I had to remain overnight in the airport is to bring a smile or two to upset passengers or just help spread some cheer, who knows. But that is what I saw my mission as being.

Do you ever wonder why you are in certain situations? Maybe God will use you in His plan to bring joy to someone else. Even if it is only one lone soul. Think about that next time plans don’t go your way. Now go have a good day!

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I thank you for opportunities to share your love unashamedly with others you put in my path. Help me never be shy about telling the reason of hope that is in me. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment: