Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, June 21, 2018

Are Your Roots Deep?

Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness. Colossians 2:7

For a plant or a tree to thrive and be healthy and strong it has to have a good root system. If disease infects it, insects attack, or it is not nourished properly it could simply fall over in a big wind or storm. Reminds me of spiritual roots.

Are your spiritual roots growing strong and healthy and can you withstand the storms of life when they come or do you cave in become anxious and flustered and forget God has got this? Something to think about. Everyone has trouble it is unfortunately part of life but it is in these troubles and trials that valuable lessons are learned. 

For a strong spiritual ‘root’ system you must get your mind fixed on ‘things above’ and keep it there. Put your Bible where you can access it. Turn on some uplifting praise songs(I attached one today to start you out) and stay in an attitude of prayer. 

PRAYER: I want my roots to go down deep in you Lord but I know it takes work on my part to not allow the distractions of this world to pull me away from you and your word. Help me to get rid of things in my life not building me up. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

Click on link below for an uplifting song of praise and worship:

No comments:

Post a Comment