Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, June 9, 2017

An Ancestor?Not Just Yet!



A gray head is a crown of glory; It is found in the way of righteousness. Proverbs 16:31

The older you become the more sensitive you may become to how old you are and choose to even go so far as to hide it from others. Let's face it, if you continue to live you continue to get older and what is wrong with that? I got a chuckle recently when I was reading online about using coffee grounds in gardens and the writer of the article said "Our ancestors had it right- waste not want not" and I said "what just a minute, that was not ancestors that was my mom and now me." 

Get a grip. Your age is simply a number. Take care of yourself as you get older and get out and get exercise and try not to obsess about a simple number or year on the calendar. Guess what? Everyone is getting older. Tick tock, tick tock, on life goes. 

Do the best you can with your years God gives you. Try not to complain. Try to make an impact in the lives of the people you come in contact with. Above all be thankful for each and every day and try to not whine or make excuses too much. Let your life shine like a beacon of hope wherever you go. 

PRAYER: Thank you for each birthday I have been blessed with. Help me to bring joy, hope, and comfort to those in my path each and every day. Forgive me for complaining about my age for each year is a blessing. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: I have come to realize that each day is a gift from God. I have seen the sign that says we should not waste any of them. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete