Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, June 1, 2017

Off The Grid..Try It, You Might Like It


He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

Who is it that made up the rule we have to be constantly plugged in? I reached a saturation point one day and regressed to the day before 24/7 connection. It was so refreshing. I feel our minds after a while need a rest from bings, tiny screens, phones ringing, texting, and status updates. It wore me down after a while and I felt like I wanted to be in Alaska totally off the grid or paddling a boat down a stream.

Our brains need time to rest and recuperate and a steady tech diet I feel can be unhealthy. That is why I always hate seeing small children already with their own devices. God help us.

Take a few days and turn off stuff if you can. Excuses are what if there is an emergency. I may miss something. Do yourself a favor and rest and gain peace and stillness in your life. This means that dreaded TV too. Grab those kids and grandkids and go do some fun creative non electrical things. Go to a park and just watch birds. Listen to a brook. Take a walk. Be still. God is in your midst and he loves it when you calm down enough to give him time and reflect.

PRAYER: Oh Lord you're beautiful. Your face is all I see. I am in awe of the wonder of your creation. From the tiny baby to the most impressive mountains. Thank you for all you give us. Help us sit still enough to appreciate it. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment