Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Boots On The Ground





I will give you every place where you set your foot, as I promised Moses. Joshua 1:3

The term which is my title for today is usually a military term indicating fighting men and women are being deployed and 'boots are on the ground' but for my purposes I am referring to the practice or habit of prayer walking. 


I had never ever prayer walked until I moved to Alabama back in 1999 and it was through the ministry of  Moms in Touch International now called Moms In Prayer, that I learned this very valuable and crucial spiritual discipline. I was a member of a high school praying mom group at the time and before the school year began we would gather in the high school parking lot and break up into small groups of two or three ladies each. From there we would walk the outside of the campus and pray for anything pertaining to the school. The teachers, the administration, the curriculum, the activities, sports, for faith based clubs to be allowed and on and on. 


If you have never done a prayer walk you can even go alone. You are not out to draw attention to yourself and as a matter of fact, don't ! You have a specific reason for a prayer walk. I have done many prayer walks now in various places probably Washington, DC being my favorite place. You sort of get addicted to it which is a good thing! Walk around your city hall, county courthouse, school, abortion clinic, but be careful to not be on grounds marked no trespassing as that would defeat the purpose. Consider what you are walking around like a wall that needs to come down. Take scriptures ahead of time to read pertaining to your walk. Let the Holy Spirit guide you. Now those boots are made for walking and you are made for praying!

PRAYER: Lord there are so many needs in our nation and around the world. Thank you that you cover us with your protective wings. With sincere hearts let many go forth and walk where walls need to come down. In Jesus' name. Amen.


For more on prayer walking read the following:


No comments:

Post a Comment