Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

How Do You Spend Your Free Time?


Can a maid forget her ornaments, or a bride her attire? Yet My people have forgotten Me days without number.Jeremiah 2:32
What do you do in your free time? Read fashion magazines, explore beauty tips, get on Facebook, read pop ups from Facebook, watch TV.  Have you ever considered the concept of tithing your time? I hope  that all Christians reading this are convicted without pressure about tithing your earnings to the Lord. Don't do it under compulsion as scripture instructs not to,  but I hope you want to. Anyway similarly to that money tithe how about your time?
Do you have quality and quantity time set up with Jesus daily? Not trying to guilt you, but to make you think about this. I have had days when I have neglected Jesus and I am a devotion writer! You have to make it intentional and on your to do list or it may not happen. Suggest instead of the concept of reading through the entire Bible which is admirable, I suggest a good Bible study from Christian book store or simply just open your Bible to the book of John or Psalms for instance and read. Pray that God would open your mind to what He wants to teach you. Set your radio to a Christian station. Stay off stations that feed your mind with garbage or anger you with one sided news. 
I challenge you to start today to find a way to make sure if you say Jesus is first in your life to make Him really first. Examine how your time is spent and maybe change some things up. 
PRAYER: Lord I am so grateful for having you as my Lord and savior. I remember a time when I went to church but that was all. I pray Lord that I do not allow mundane things to occupy my time and start spending more time. Give me the wisdom to know what to change. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Note: a great Bible study from Moody Publishers hot off the press last week by my friend Erica Wiggenhorn is The Unexplainable Church. A fifty day study in the last half of Acts. Why not order one from Amazon and dive into the word today? I highly get it Five Stars. Buy one and never neglect the word again.

No comments:

Post a Comment