Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, April 10, 2017

Some People Just Won't Smile


These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Recently I was doing a book signing and a man passed my table and proclaims "you are just too cheery for me" and I continued to smile. Occasionally when I am and out and about I try to make people smile and sometimes it is just not possible. It could be this person is going through something very painful, so I am not the one to pass judgment.

Are you hurting today? Do you feel no one cares? Often times trying to focus on 'above' and seek a merry heart is just what the doctor ordered so to speak. It is easy to be grumpy, angry, and bitter so if you are dealing with these emotions why not challenge yourself to try to be joyful. It might involve being kind to another person. Try maybe paying for the person behind you in the drive through and see if that lifts your spirit.

Make it a habit in your life to keep looking up to Jesus and talk to Him. Tell Him if you are angry or hurting. If you have never made the decision to ask Jesus to be Lord of your life why not ask Him in today?

PRAYER: I am grateful for your love, mercy, forgiveness, and understanding. I know at times I may feel 'down' but help me resist the temptation to be a grump. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment