Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Stop Fretting...,Can You?


"Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? "And who of you by being worried can add a single hour to his life? " Matthew 6:26-27

Why do we humans feel we have to worry so much? Mastering the art of letting God give you His perfect rest is what all of us need to try to do. One thing I do is to keep the news off and also not conjure up 'what if' scenarios in my mind. It is a discipline but you have to focus on above. 

Did you know who loves it when you worry? Satan! He can get your focus off God and His promises and onto all sorts of things to bring you concern. Are you going to allow this in your life or are you going to instead pray and know God's ways are beyond our understanding? Why not choose to live your life in freedom and cast off wrong thoughts that may come your way and take captive every thought as it says in 2 Corinthians 10:5. 

PRAYER: I am guilty many times of allowing things to make me fearful. I want to be able to cast off that stronghold of worry that can so easily grip me. I choose to look up and trust you Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment