Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Be Yourself

For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God. John 12:43

Are you the kind of person who worries what people think or what they might say? I know I have done that in the past and a friend bought me a sign that says"be yourself, everyone else is taken" which is so very true.  Each of us is unique and has a distinct and different purpose. 

You are not to love the praise of men more than God. Alas in this OCD social media world it is easy to get caught up on your 'likes' which does not matter in the first place. If you suffer from this syndrome of checking Facebook so much to get affirmation perhaps it is time to get on your knees and ask for deliverance from this need to know everything and be liked. Maybe set your schedule up and don't run to Facebook all the time. Go grab your Bible instead and read about the love God has for you and how He made you special. 

It does not matter who likes you or does not like you. You are only to please the One who created you in the first place. Take note of the time you have to have your devices with you to gain self esteem and try something. Leave your phone at home one day. Enjoy talking to friends in person and enjoying the beauty of nature. 

PRAYER: Help me Lord to discipline myself to not spend more than 30 minutes a day on my electronic devices. Give me the strength to run to the word instead of the TV or phone. I know my life will be better if I can break the social media addiction. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment