Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Be Still...Without Your Phone


He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;I will be exalted among the nations,I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm46:10

Can you be without your electronic devices for a day? Maybe more than a day? Our world is so wrapped up in being connected, chatting, texting, tweeting, that it is hard to imagine putting down these little devices and just being still. Even as I sit here on my 'device' writing I look around at many people staring at their small screens. 

Let me present you with a challenge. Unless you absolutely have to be connected due to work or a medical emergency I challenge you to go a day without your phone. Get outside if you can. Go to a park or hiking trail.Ride your bicycle. Take a walk.  If you are home turn off the radio, the television, and stay disconnected. It is quite refreshing. Why is it necessary to constantly be needing to know everything? 

If you are a parent I feel it is crucial to teach children how to just be still. Learn to rest. Learn to be creative in your mind and think without technological devices clamoring for your time and attention. Play a board game with your family. Talk. Read a book without your E reader. Challenge your self to spend one on one face to face time with a friend. Now go and be tech free for a day. 

PRAYER: This world can be noisy and busy. Help me Lord to discipline myself to sit at your feet and hear your voice without electronic devices vying for my attention. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment