Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Come As You Are


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28
You all probably have heard the phrase "come as you are" meaning no need to get fancy and dressed up, just show up. Jesus invites us to come as we are as well. He chose the most unlikely characters to be his disciples. If you are addicted, messed up, pierced, tattooed, broken, sinful, a criminal, prostitute, liar, rebellious, homosexual, thief, gossiper, judgmental, he says simply "Come". No matter your outward appearance or the condition of your heart. 
Jesus is the one who loves us unconditionally. Now he does not want you to remain in your sin but he is not sitting there condemning. Remember what he said to the woman caught in adultery? (See John 8:1-11). "Go and sin no more" period, end of story. 
Church is a place for broken souls not people who have it all together. If you haven't been in a while find you a church that loves you warts and all. Don't let Satan lie to you and make you feel you will not fit in. If you have been away for a while might I suggest a non denominational church. Also might I suggest reading the book of John in the New Testament. Now go and know Jesus loves you and wants you to love Him. 
PRAYER: I am so thankful for your love for me. I know you want me in worship whether I have nice clothes or a suit. Help me not be judgmental of others but love them unconditionally. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment