Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Watch What You Say


Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person. Colossians 4:6
Years ago an acquaintance remarked to me about my constant use of the words 'holy cow', 'holy mackerel', 'holy Toledo'. She politely said to me "Only God is Holy" and she is/was right. But how do you break this seemingly innocent usage of slang speech? Now my opinion on this is I did not see it as wrong but if I am around an individual who does I would be careful. 
Speech is important. Youth today grow up hearing rap lyrics that would make you blush yet many are sucked into this culture giving it no thought. The F word is very bad and it is laced throughout many people's conversations and even if they don't say it may condone it's usage. For someone to say "God" all the time drives me insane as it is taking God's name in vain even though they did not say the D word after it. Instead of saying "God" why not use "gosh"? 
How are you doing with words? Do you speak as if Jesus Christ Himself were in your presence? It is something to ponder. Our words should reflect the Christlike character inside of us. Making a habit of constant intake of bad speech in movies such as the infamous F word which garners many movies an R rating, will eventually have you desensitized to it. Strive for excellent speech. 
PRAYER: Help me Lord with the words I say that I do not offend anyone or cause someone to stumble. Help kind words and loving words flow from my mouth. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment