Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Greener Grass Desired? Get A Lawnmower.


Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5

Comparison is so bad. Your eyes wander and TV commercials tell you what they think you need to be happier, more fulfilled, younger, leaner, successful and on it goes. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence and if it is you probably need a new lawnmower to take care of it. 

I fall into this trap sometimes when I am out writing in coffee shops. I see some professional woman sitting at a table interviewing someone and think "I could do that". It is the enemy who makes us discontent with what we currently have. 

Do you have a roof over your head? Food on the table? Fresh running water? Clothes on your back? A vehicle to drive? Friends? I would say those basic needs are pretty well met by a majority living in America. When you start looking around at mansions, fancy cars, job titles you don't know in fact where those people's hearts are at or if in fact their life really is happy. So beware. Don't let the enemy make you jealous as that is not a fruit of the spirit and will rot on the vine. 

PRAYER: I love you Lord and I thank you for just where I am in life and the material things you have blessed me with. In Jesus' name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Becky: A good reminder for us all. We have a house in our neighborhood that has no furnace. They heat with space heaters, I have learned to thank God for central heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. We can always think others have it so much better.

    ReplyDelete