Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, March 31, 2017

More Than Outside Appearances


But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."1 Samuel 16:7

I passed a parking lot recently and saw a couple looking at a previously owned vehicles that were parked there. Even though prices may have looked enticing you don't get the 'big picture' until you look under the hood and take it for a test drive. There is more to a new car than outside appearances. 

The same goes for mankind. Our outward looks may be nice but how is the inside man, the heart. It takes more to be a lovely or handsome person than just grooming. You should be more concerned with the inside than the outside. 

You probably have heard the saying "You can't judge a book by its' cover" although as an author I know the cover is important in order to get people's attention. But it is what is inside that counts? How is your inner man? Does it need some maintenance? 

PRAYER: I don't want to be so overly concerned about my outward appearance. Help me as I seek to be more like you by reading the Bible and praying. I choose to seek a life pleasing to Christ and glow for you so others may ask me for the reason of hope in me. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Becky: If we seek to have God's eyes, we will see a person's heart whether it be one of flesh or one of stone.

    ReplyDelete