Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Dethrone Self



I protest, brothers, by my pride in you, which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die every day! 1 Corinthians 15:31

Me, me, me, me! No one likes to be around people who are puffed up and arrogant and always talking about their achievements and themselves. To be a believer takes humility and dying to self daily. No one is perfect and can slip up. I have done it but I try not to.  It is a process of learning to put others before yourself.

It is easy to get into your own thing and not think of others. I can think of a few friends who seems like they are always 'Johnny on the spot' when it comes to sincere caring and prayer. The kind who always have time. This is something all of us need to work on as many things in our busy world drag us away and distract us from more important things.

Do not guilt yourself and beat up on yourself but ponder if this is something you need to work on. Each person has to come to the decision on their own. Also don't compare yourself to others as each of us is gifted in many areas. Just remember as it says in Romans 12:3 to not think more highly of yourself than you ought to. 

PRAYER: I need to die to self daily Lord and I need help with time management so I don't waste time on just me but have time to share your love with others. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment