Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, March 24, 2017

Top Priority


 
“Show me, Lord, my life’s end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting my life is.

You have made my days a mere handbreadth;
  the span of my years is as nothing before you.Everyone is but a breath 
even those who seem secure. Psalm 39:4-5

What do you consider to be first place in your life? A hobby? A cause? A person? Jesus? 
Now remember that what is first place is usually what you spend the most amount of time thinking about or working on. 

Many people, including yours truly, mean well when they exclaim that "yes indeed Christ is truly first" but do your actions show it? Recently I got up later than usual and was running on a tight schedule trying to fit several things in for the day when I realized I was about to forget the most important thing, Jesus. So I immediately got into a chair with my Bible and paper and spent some time in the Word. Often times Jesus is the first thing to take the hit when something has to be eliminated. Somehow maybe we feel knowing Him alone is like a 'lucky charm' and no more is required. 

If you struggle with making time for Jesus each day sit down and make your daily to do list and even if you work outside the home make it a point to pencil the Lord Jesus Christ into your schedule. It might mean being a little creative to work things out especially if you are a parent with small children to tend to. I guarantee you will feel better and this will be one priority that should be joyful kept. 

PRAYER: I mean well many times but somehow my time alone with God seems to take a hit. I know Satan is jumping up and down when this happens as I have no protective armor on for the day ahead. Help me Lord to reorganize my days to make you really first. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment