Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Seasonal Faith?


I love those who love me, and those who seek me find me. Proverbs 8:17
We are blessed with four seasons. Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall. Usually at least for me when one season is over I anxiously await the next one particularly after the brutal heat of summer. 
When it comes to seasons do you allow your faith to only come alive in two major seasons that being Winter/Christmas and Spring/Easter? Many people do as churches seem to be packed out during these two times. It is good at least that Jesus is being thought of. Here in the United States we still have the freedom to worship and churches have not been shuttered and Bible reading is mostly allowed. 
If you are guilty of being a seasonal believer why not stop and ask yourself why? Is there no real passion for the Lord? I mean you hear a sermon and go to sleep for instance. Your passion is not for Christ except on Easter and Christmas. Do you desire to feel excited and joyful and in love with Jesus 100% of the time? 
My friend, loving Jesus is a 24/7 thing. He loves you and He wants you to love Him back. Try reading John chapter 1 in the New Testament for starters and pray for God to open your heart to the things of the Lord. 
PRAYER: Help me Lord to learn to give you first place and for me to show my love for you I need to spend quality time with you. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Click link for a wonderful song to start your Saturday:
https://youtu.be/NM14VZVu0og

No comments:

Post a Comment