Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Your Jonah Moments


Now the Lord provided a huge fish to swallow Jonah, and Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights. Jonah 1:17

Have you ever had those type of moments where you feel God is speaking to you to do something and for whatever reason whether scared, selfish, lazy, apathetic you turn away? I know I have. Mine was not as great as Jonah where I was thrown overboard and swallowed by a giant fish but I think of that account found in Jonah Chapter every time I back away when my gut says do it.

Whether it is leading a prayer group, going on a mission trip, befriending a stranger, being on a committee for a retreat, visiting a prison or nursing home,  or a host of other examples you may have in your own life. This is not saying God is calling you to every single task but in my case wanting to run and hide from responsibility He has for us, He can always find us.
God can strengthen and equip you for whatever task He has called you to. It is the enemy who wants you to be fearful  and run the other way and hide.

 PRAYER: Forgive me Lord for any time I have ever not done something you were impressing upon me to do. I know you give me strength for whatever it is. In Jesus' name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment