Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, March 27, 2017

Armor Of God And Rest


Finally be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. Ephesians 6:10-11

I was convicted one day recently to pray the Armor of God over our new President. I just had a strong feeling God needed to protect him. At the same time a devotional book that was put out and given to the new president had the same scripture for the day. A God thing? I don't know. But in the same context of praying for the armor of God I was listening to the daily 24/7 prayer call and they were discussing God's perfect rest and how we believers needed to be in it and not all stressed out. 

So my theme today a few days after this occurred is resting in Jesus. After you have trusted Him with your concerns then let go and enjoy His perfect rest and don't keep fretting over stuff you supposedly have given to the Lord. Resting is pretty important yet how many of you reading are unable to really rest and may feel guilty slowing down?  When it comes to God's rest He wants you to trust Him with your concerns. 

Today whatever you are doing stop and make sure you are protected by God's armor which is the word of God by reading it and soaking it in. Next completely give your situation over to God then REST.

PRAYER: Many times I have prayed but then start freaking out and concerned. I know you are working all things for your good so help me learn to chill and be still. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment: