Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, August 8, 2016

Young At Heart

Praise the Lord, my soul,and forget not all his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,who satisfies your desires with good things  so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. Psalm 103:2-5

When I go to the movies, and my friends can attest that I go lots, I usually get the Kids Meal Combo pack consisting of a small portion of popcorn, candy, and a small drink. After all I am a big kid at heart and love to be young at heart. Note I did not say to be immature but there is nothing wrong with thinking young and doing things to make you feel young. 

As you age, there may be aches and pains and unforeseen surgeries and things associated with aging, but those people falling in the category of getting older, and hey, I guess that is everyone as each day you get older, don't have to let those things define you. Find ways to make your conversation center on things that are joyful and stay away from the negative. When you write your family Christmas letter here in a few months, don't center on all your aches and pains but try to make your letter happy and upbeat. Even if tragedy occurred in your family and sadness, there has to be something joyful in your journey,something to give thanks for!

Your assignment today is to be joyful in the day's journey no matter what happens today. Try to rejoice even when you may not physically be up to it. 

PRAYER: I thank you Lord for the gift of life. No matter what comes my way I know are Lord and you love me. Thank you for everything do for me daily. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment