Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Be Happy, Have Fun


A happy heart makes the face cheerful, but heartache crushes the spirit. Proverbs 15:13
In watching the Republican national convention in July, during the opening part before the speakers began, lively music was being played by a band and many delegates in the audience were rocking and rolling with the music regardless of their age. I would have joined with them had I been there. Don't be afraid to do things because you feel you are too old. Who says? 
Many may have been taught that it is not dignified if a person a certain age or social stature does things but that is man's rule and not God's as far as I know. Doing silly things often is a great stress reliever and can have the side effect of making you smile. Imagine that! Go swing at the park, dance at a wedding, watch silly kids movies, ride a carnival ride, but just relax and be happy. 
Often helping other people is an excellent way to happiness and joy as well. Enjoy your life, be kind to others, and don't forget to laugh. 
PRAYER: Lord you have given us the gift of laughter. For that I say thank you. Thanks for being able to enjoy simple pleasures of life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Becky: I heard that we all need one good laugh a day. I sometimes have one laugh and other times I have more than one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky: I heard that we all need one good laugh a day. I sometimes have one laugh and other times I have more than one.

    ReplyDelete