Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

The Umbrella


He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:4

A few days ago after several days of drought like conditions here in Northern Alabama and Southern Tennessee it finally rained. Thankfully I carry a spare rain jacket in my car at all times so was prepared. I also have a couple of umbrellas in back of car as a precaution.  I saw many people going in and out of businesses with umbrellas in hand keeping themselves dry from the elements. 

God is our umbrella in life. If you strike out on your own without spiritual protection and covering you are not protected. By praying, reading God's word, and doing things that please Him, your life will go allot better. Step out from under God's umbrella then anything is bound to happen. Your are shielded from ungodly elements or at last protected from them when you allow Him to be your covering. 

Are you ready to step underneath God's umbrella? 

PRAYER: It is so easy to want to run out each day without taking time to have serious prayer or time alone with you. The busyness of the day beckons but help me slow down and realize the most important part of my day is insuring I have my spiritual covering. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment