Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Overgrown



The seed that fell on the footpath represents those who hear the message, only to have Satan come at once and take it away. The seed on the rocky soil represents those who hear the message and immediately receive it with joy. But since they don’t have deep roots, they don’t last long. They fall away as soon as they have problems or are persecuted for believing God’s word. The seed that fell among the thorns represents others who hear God’s word, but all too quickly the message is crowded out by the worries of this life, the lure of wealth, and the desire for other things, so no fruit is produced. Mark 4:15-19

I am the first to admit I am not the world's best or most avid gardener. My former neighbor Cindy can attest to that fact. I do not take the necessary time to keep the garden weeded and consequently end up choking my vegetables with weeds and thorny vines. I get out there and search for the spinach,kale, peas and melons I planted and can not distinguish them from other stuff. Don't laugh. I did get sweet corn,green beans, cherry tomatoes, and zucchini so all my efforts were not in vain. I vow next year will be different. 

A person's spiritual life can be similar to my overgrown garden. Let's say you know you should spend time in prayer,serious heartfelt prayer,but other things seem so urgent and push it away. Not good. Or you know you need to study the Bible and hide God's Word in your heart daily before you face the onslaught of the world out your front door. Once again in many cases, things of the Lord become like a hobby you occasionally engage in but are not good at and other things less vital squeeze it out. 

Perhaps now is the time to take a good look at your daily schedule and make spending time with the Lord the most important part of your day, not an afterthought. If you live with people who don't crack open the Bible at all, don't judge them or preach to them but simply pray and let God handle it. Now is the time to yank up the earthly overgrowth and let God 's word bloom in your heart. 

PRAYER: I need you each and every day Lord yet many times so many other things crowd you out, and for that I ask forgiveness. I know you yearn for me to spend time with you. I also know if I don't it is easy to start getting sucked into Satan's deceptions. I choose to take a look at my schedule and do things differently. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment