Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

B.U.S.Y.


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Matthew 11:28-29

How would you like to be able to answer someone when they ask "how are you" with something other than the standard answer "busy"? Why does that answer have to be compelled to come out of our mouths? Does it make a person feel worthy in society to prove that by being 'busy' they hold value? Ponder that for a while.

I heard the acronym for the letters that spell the word 'busy' could be 'being under Satan's yoke'. How's that for a way to identify a true meaning of a word. Do you really have to stay constantly busy? I challenge every one reading this to schedule down time in your day. Don't be ashamed or feel like you have to justify why or feel you aren't worthy unless your calendar is packed out. For some reason this culture has even our youngest being constantly busy. Why?

Today when you are making your weekly schedule why not challenge yourself to have time to just sit, walk, listen to birds sing, and just do nothing. Don't feel guilty when you do either. Guilt is not from God.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I know I have a harder time hearing your voice if my schedule is consistently overloaded. Help me to choose activities wisely for myself and my family and insure quiet time and doing nothing is in there. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: We have almost completed a sitting area on our enclosed front porch. All I need to find is roll down blinds to cover the windows to keep the sun out. I found myself sitting out there as I waited for the mail man today. It is a nice change from what we used it for in the past.

    ReplyDelete