Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, August 19, 2016

Why Does It Take A Puppy To Make People Smile?


Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, with all malice, and be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:31-32

On a recent visit to the doctor,  in the waiting area, a lady had brought in a live animal, a toy poodle. Now mind you, I was curious as to how a canine was allowed in a medical facility but it was probably some sort of emotional support companion so I kept mouth shut. What I did notice was how people who I had observed earlier as bewildered, angry,haggard, downtrodden, changed their whole demeanor when this happy pooch arrived. The friendly little pup had nurses coming out to pet him, patients smiling, and people talking to each other.

God has made all things for his purposes and dogs are a good example of love, service,  trust, loyalty and emotional support. Granted not all dogs fit the bill as being kind and loving but a good majority of them are used for seeing eye dogs, companions, emotional support, and just plain friends. When our lab Sandy was still alive she was ever loyal and faithful.
Why does it take a dog to get people to smile? Why not try to keep the joy of the Lord in your heart. As you sit in a waiting room somewhere often for a good bit of time, don't gripe and scowl, but instead try to imagine a puppy is sitting in the waiting room with you. Better yet just remember that you may be the only example of Christian love someone may encounter that day. That may motivate you. Now go have a blessed day wherever you are. Bow wow.

PRAYER: Jesus I want to be used by you in the world you have placed me. Smiling is one way I can do it. Help me smile at a Muslim I may encounter, a grouchy clerk, perhaps an atheist who comes across my path, and others who may just not joyful. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment