Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Mosquitos


In order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes. 2 Corinthians 2:11
As I sit on my back porch looking out at the countryside and cattle in our field in the early evening, I am often met by pesky mosquitoes who, if I don't wear insect repellant, can insure my time in the outdoors is short lived. I hear them buzz then swoosh, they move in for a bite. Smack, no you don't little bug. 
Sin and Satan can be like annoying insects that swarm and won't leave you alone. The problem is sin doesn't always warn us with buzzing sounds or a first bite. It can sneak up on you. Often disguised as something harmless. But alas sin is not harmless. Depending on what it is, you may experience lifelong repercussions. Forgiveness is available so don't beat yourself up too bad. Just remember when you know what is right or wrong don't choose the wrong way. 
Jesus is the right way and His ways are perfect. No one promises a life free of struggles, but by standing with God and staying daily in the word you have a good shield against sin. 
PRAYER: Help me Lord to stand strong against the tide of sin in this world often made to look good or okay and some even legalized by the government.  Use me Lord to share the truth with those in my circle of influence. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment