Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, August 15, 2016

Soul Food


Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty. John 6:35
For the purpose of my writing, Soul Food refers to the spiritual food each of us need each and every day, not just one hour a week. Imagine if you will only getting fed one meal per week. You would get pretty famished wouldn't you? You might become lethargic, grouchy, tired, vitamin deficient, and end up with health problems. I know it is hard enough when you are required to fast for a medical test. And even then not many reading this have probably been truly 'starved' but imagine if you were. 
Many people are spiritually starved although there are those who it does not seem to bother. You eat breakfast, hopefully, then a few hours later lunch, perhaps a few snacks. Then comes supper. I am not sure how many folks would agree to skipping those three basic meals yet there are multitudes of even Christians who daily fail to feed themselves on the word of God, the Bible. Visualize your spirit like a starving child in a Third World nation craving for just a morsel to be thrown to satisfy hunger.
Basically how are you to have a good walk with the Lord if you don't daily pick up the instruction manual? That is your 'soul food' each and every day. Don't go on a diet. Overeating spiritual soul food is terrific. 
PRAYER: I know it says on your word to study to show myself approved a workman that does not need to be ashamed rightfully dividing the word of truth(2 Timothy 2:15) yet there are times I starve myself and eat the world's junk food instead. Forgive me and help me to prioritize my consumption of daily soul food. In Jesus' name. Amen.

2 comments: