Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Just Get Over It


But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. Matthew 5:39

How many arguments could be alleviated if people would just drop stuff and forget about it. While waiting at an airport recently watching passengers arriving, most were joyful and hugging, but one particular meet up, what appeared to be a mother and son, looked less than cordial. I was sad for whatever caused their cold reunion. It made me think about why people need to let anger go.

Even if someone gives you the cold shoulder doesn't mean you have to reciprocate. We as believers need to be kind, forgiving, and able to be the one to show reconciliation if necessary. Don't drag something out or try to force a person to be kind but take it to the Lord the great healer of all things to include relationships.

So the next time you are confronted by a friend or worse, a family member who is treating you unkindly just be kind to them regardless. Let Jesus do the rest.

PRAYER: Lord I pray if and when I am ever confronted by someone who wants to be ugly to me that you will help me stand strong and not be ugly back. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment