Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Self Esteem Or God Esteem


Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters. Colossians 3:23

As I sat  at a military PX a few weeks back having a book signing, I felt like the Wal Mart greeter. Smiling and saying hi at the table right in front of the entrance to the main store. Many people feel funny making eye contact perhaps due to the fact they are not interested in what you are selling and maybe feel if they look your way it is too late. Anyway this was a good day to practice whether I was having self esteem or God esteem. Let me explain.

The reason I wrote my book was not to become rich and famous. I wrote it because God placed a call on my life through my daily devotions and I wanted to expand the ministry into an affordable small book. This journey means getting out there where I can get in for signings and be at peace whether I sell one,twenty, fifty, or none.  Often when I got my eyes off of why I was there,a Christian sister quickly got me back on track for which I am thankful.

You need to not worry about self so much and know you are working for the Lord and are there because of the mission He gave you. Your mission might not be selling Christian books but ministering to those little children at home, or working in an office, or helping others get well at a hospital. Whatever, know that God has a distinct purpose and you are not there by accident.  Shine your light!

 PRAYER: Thank you for where you have placed me in life. Help me know my journey is not about me but about you and sharing God's love. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment