Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Waiting?


The Lord is good to those who wait for Him,To the person who seeks Him. Lamentations 3:25

Not too many people I know are a fan of waiting. Waiting for a doctors' report. Waiting in line at the store. Waiting in line for a show. Waiting in traffic. Waiting for restoration of a relationship. But waiting is part of life and can be a good thing as it teaches patience if you allow it to.

One thing for prayer warriors out there, is waiting for an answer to prayer. Sometimes God can be doing a work in your life as well as the person you are praying for. He desires you to seek Him with your whole heart. Do you do that? Is your heart undivided? Do you have a passion for Christ or is He just a casual thing that is part of your life when you feel like it? These are just some questions to think about. Are you on a daily quest to seek Him and know Him better?

Knowing God better requires not just prayer but opening up the Word of God on a daily basis and getting some scripture into your heart and mind. Change only occurs when we become more like Jesus and to do that you must pick up the instruction manual otherwise known as The Bible. While you wait why not make it a priority to schedule your life around God and not the other way around and it helps the waiting. 

PRAYER: Father I know you have good plans for those whose hearts are turned towards you. Forgive me for times I have gone about my day too busy to give you more than a couple minutes. Help me plan my day to include you first. And oh help me while I wait. In Jesus' name. Amen. 


Click link below for a song about waiting:

No comments:

Post a Comment