Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Help For Those Who Are Sinking



"I sank down to the very roots of the mountains. I was imprisoned in the earth, whose gates lock shut forever. But you, O LORD my God, snatched me from the jaws of death!"   Jonah 2:6

Do you ever feel that you are sinking in quick sand and can't get out? I am speaking of of course emotionally not physically. Problems seem to overwhelm you and you sense there is no way out. You may even be clinically depressed and not realize it.

There is good news. It is the enemy of our souls Satan who brings about these feelings of hopelessness, despair, anguish, and defeat. You are a victor in Christ if you have asked Him to be Lord of your life. Problems in life do not have to overwhelm you. Romans 7:25 says "Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God's law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin." At the time you are going through something you do feel helpless but that is why it is necessary to praise God even through the storms of life. They will end and there will be a rainbow. 

1 Corinthians 15:57 reminds us "But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." Can you praise the name of Jesus today and thank Him ahead of time for the victory you will have?

PRAYER: Thank you for being my rescuer in times I feel like I am sinking in the issues of life. I know those feelings are not of you and I choose to look up and not into the pit. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment