Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Don't Let Satan Control Your Emotions



"We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5
 I pride myself in being a pretty cheerful person but every now and then my mind may wander and get my moods in a funk and emotions messed up. I always feel this is the enemy messing with me as he knows that can be my weak area if only he can get me off course. You may have a similar problem. You convince yourself people don't like you or you conjure up scenarios of fear in your mind. That is why one of the best selling books by author and Bible teacher Joyce Meyer is 'Battlefield of the Mind'.

Satan knows if he can get into your thought life he can wage his war. To combat this it is necessary to have a steady diet of scripture, prayer, and meditating on good things. Don't let your mind drift somewhere. Tell Satan to get behind you and quote some Scripture to him. Prayer and praise are valuable tools as well.

Keep your mind on good things by not letting bad things enter your mind. This could mean changing what you watch on TV, read, or listen to. It is your mind, so you choose do you want it filled with things of this world or heavenly things. Not a hard decision I wouldn't think.

PRAYER: I need to make sure I am not daydreaming about wrong things and I need your help Lord to stay focused on positive uplifting thoughts. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: We have to learn to give all our thoughts, good and bad, to the Lord.

    ReplyDelete