Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Lotto Fever


It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it. Isaiah 55:11

The recent Power Ball Jackpot close to 1 billion dollars sent people into a lottery ticket buying frenzy. Here in my town three places that sold lottery tickets had jammed parking lots and vehicles waiting to pull in.Everyone wanted to apparently get rich quick.

Wouldn't it be great if these same people anxious to get rich quick got that excited about going to church or going to work? Riches do not satisfy. Maybe a temporary fix but numerous stories are told of winners having all sorts of problems as the years go by. Real prosperity comes from God and knowing Jesus. He is your source of supply if you trust Him. I am not saying He is going to get you a fancy car and jewels but prosperity in life in general. Prosper in some Christian circles has become a nasty word but there are places in God's word where it truly says He wants us to prosper. Prospering doesn't come from instant riches.

Matthew 6:21 says "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Is your heart in tune with Jesus. Trust Him to provide.

PRAYER: Lord it is tempting to want to win lots of money. It seems it could solve many problems when sometimes in fact it could create more. If I do ever come into immense wealth help me remember to help others by sharing. Give me a servants heart Lord. In Jesus' name. Amen. 


2 comments:

  1. Becky; You have made a good point in this post. I have to smile when an ad comes on for a certain company, known by its initials promises to give to someone a large weekly amount of cash. I did the math to find out they promise to give one person over a quarter million dollars in one year. I would rather have what I have and trust Jesus for my needs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am satisfied with normal life and Jesus too!

    ReplyDelete