Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, January 4, 2016

Aromas Galore!



For we are the sweet fragrance of Christ [which ascends] to God, [discernible both] among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; to the latter one an aroma from death to death [a fatal, offensive odor], but to the other an aroma from life to life [a vital fragrance, living and fresh]. And who is adequate and sufficiently qualified for these things? 2 Corinthians 2:15-16

Recently I was in one of my favorite places to do my writing during the breakfast hour and the aroma of bacon was so delightful. I wanted to order an entire plate full but I resisted. A sweet smell attracts others and for hungry people the smell of bacon or any food is wonderful. 

As a believer we are to be like the 'aroma' of Christ or when people see us they should be drawn from not repelled away from the savior who we represent. Are we delightful to be around or do we act 'religious' and scare people away? Are you blooming for Christ wherever you are planted whether it is in a place where you might be the only believer? Do you hold your tongue when you are outnumbered or get into arguments over  Christian things? Do you show the love of Christ even when you do not agree with someone and their stand on something? After all it says in the word that "kindness lead to repentance"(Romans 2:4).

Ask God to help you in being like a sweet smelling aroma and having people attracted to the life you lead rather than want to hold their nose.

PRAYER: There have been times I have not smelled like the aroma of Christ and I want to be able to be your witness. Help me as I seek to guard my heart and share Jesus' love even when someone opposes the Christian message. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Further reading: 2 Timothy 1:3-13 to see what it says about the last days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment