Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, January 25, 2016

God Esteem




For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. Psalm 139:13-16

There is allot of talk about good self esteem. Feeling good about yourself in other words. But even a better type of esteem is 'God' esteem, or doing what is right in the eyes of God. 

Self esteem in 2016 can be shaken up if people take the 'like' thing on Facebook too seriously. Our worth and value is not from how many people 'like' us, but it is in knowing the savior of the world loves us and died so that we might have life. The times maybe you are tempted to check Facebook constantly for your worth, why not go to His Book, the Bible, and read the book of John in the New Testament. God loves you 'warts and all". 

My challenge I set forth to you today is to spend more time in The Bible reading about God's love and less worrying about stuff on social media. 

PRAYER: Thanks for the opportunity to have social media and to keep up with friends and family but help me to not be obsessed with it that I spend more time on it than meditation on your word and in prayer. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment