Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Our Power Source


Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:4

When I go to a coffee shop to do my writing I am always on the lookout for a power outlet. Sometimes they are hard to locate and if my battery is on low power I may not be able to stay very long. I need a source of electricity to keep my computer fully charged. 

As a believer I need more than just Sunday for one hour to stay fully powered for the Lord. If you think you can get by on one hour then you have much to learn. Being a Christian  means more than having a 'country club' membership. Many people know deep down they should get closer to God or maybe they don't. The second category squeaks by with very low power all week long.

To get powered up and charged for the Lord you have to spend time with Him. You do this by setting aside daily time to get into the word of God. Not just Christian TV or radio but actually opening up the Bible and reading. It is through reading you become to develop a Christlike character and are able to recognize and thwart the attacks of our enemy Satan. Do you plan to stay connected?

PRAYER: Often times I get too busy or simply make excuses for why I do not have a daily quiet  time. There is really no excuse so forgive me. Help me recognize the enemy trying to get me into a complacent mode and defeat him by opening up the Bible and reading it. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment