Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Stop Judging


But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7

It is so easy to pass judgment on others. Examples would be those with body piercing, tattoos, funny hair, overweight, deformed and you can probably add to the list. Just because a person on the outside isn't like you doesn't make them bad or less than desirable. 

God is the ultimate judge. The Holy Spirit convicts each person individually of things in their life that may be wrong. Having a different appearance doesn't mean someone does not love Jesus. 

Let's each one focus on ourselves and getting closer to God and less on judgment and labeling. Sounds like a great plan for 2016. Give it a try. 

PRAYER: I love you Jesus and I love people. Not everyone is alike. Forgive me if I have ever been critical of another because of their physical appearance. My job is to love not condemn. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment