Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, January 1, 2016

On The Sidelines Or In The Game?


Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17

Happy New Year! Today is traditionally the day for Rose Parade(I am there in person this year😃), Rose Bowl game, traditional food such as pork and kraut in our family, and making New Years resolutions.  Football though,  seems to overshadow it all. Even a non football fanatic family like mine watches the Rose Bowl game.

The theme of football lead me to ask the all important question in life and that is "are you sitting on God's sideline or are you in the game?" Sideline sitters are important parts of the team but get little action unless the primary 'star' gets worn out or injured. The sidelines of a Christian life would be living a ho hum existence. Maybe too into 'religion' and denominations and not so much into Christ. Maybe you feel the sidelines is just fine and will keep you from being too fanatical. Guess what? I am proud to be a team player and fanatic for the Lord. How about you? 

Are you content remaining on the sidelines or do you want more of Jesus in your life? 

PRAYER: I want more of you in my life. I know Satan is the nasty culprit who tries to keep me down and make me believe the lies of this modern culture. I choose to stay on the team. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Note: Click link to begin 2016 with a worship song.

No comments:

Post a Comment