Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, July 13, 2015

So Many Magazines

Above all else, guard your heart, for everything you do flows from it. Proverbs 4:23
As I sat thumbing through a Christian magazine at a busy chain bookstore, I noticed the variety and amount of magazines on just about every topic you could imagine. Many filled with good stories, homemaking tips, exercise routines, vacation ideas and much more. I also thought about how much of all that stuff doesn't really matter. Whatever your interest, sinful or otherwise, you can usually buy a copy of a magazine that interests you here in America.

What is it you dwell on most of the time? Do you spend more time focusing on things that do not matter in the big scheme of things for eternity? I am not saying reading magazines is wrong but when you do are you also filling your mind with things that will build you up and matter or things that take you further away from the Lord. We have to be conscience to what things we allow to come into our mind and heart. 

Just make sure you have balance to your life. A friend of mine in Iowa had the word 'Balance' as her personalized license plate and it is very true. Magazines in themselves even moral ones are not bad but make sure you are giving things of the Lord equal time.

PRAYER: Help me Lord as I seek to put balance in my life when it comes to media. I know Lord I need to give you time daily and I want to do things to grow closer to you. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment