Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Forgive And Forgive Some More


See to it that no one falls short of the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many. Hebrews 12:15

With the recent slaughter of 9 innocent church goers in South Carolina one thing that is missing are the lawyers who usually pop their  heads in to try to create lawsuits and bitterness. Not one time have I heard of any one hating but only praying for those who hearts are hardened.  This young man hated people of a different color. I never could understand that but I feel hatred is learned. It can be the other way too with the black race hating the white race. The news and people in our government have been race baiting to a certain extent instead of trying to bring folks together in this tragedy.

I for one think it is awesome to hear of people being unified and prayerful regardless of their skin color. What good is bitterness? Who does it help? Better to just forget, forgive, and move on. Starting arguments does not lift up the name of Jesus nor is it an example of Christ centered love. Seeking revenge is not the answer. 

Is there a person in your life you need to forgive? Do it today and let go of hate and bitterness. 

PRAYER: I choose to love and to let go of things in the past I harbored that stirred up anger. Help me Lord love even those who don't love me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment