Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Watch Your Words


 Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29
There is a saying in the Navy, "Loose lips sink ships" and "loose lips end relationships" too if you do not think before you speak, text, or email. For those of us who like to talk, yeah that would be yours truly, we have to be careful to not let emotions rule what we say. It is best to really think before you speak. It is so easy to start arguments if you do not. Ask yourself if what you are about to say or write will be necessary or have value. If not then skip it.
The word of God is filled with a host of scriptures on talking and our mouth. Do a word study in your Bible and you will see what I mean. If only that tongue of ours could be tamed things would be so much better. (See James chapter 3). Have you hurt someone with your words because you did not think first or let your emotions rule you? If this is an area you have trouble with take some time out and just look up verses and end with prayer asking God to take control of your speech and give you self control.
Words bring joy, peace, and love or if misused can create a rift and wound someone. Use yours today to bring joy to someone.
 PRAYER: Forgive me for the many times I did not control my tongue and rattled off stuff and hurt someone. Help me never be seen as a gossip or someone who meddles and creates trouble. Let my words be few unless they are kind. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: There is also Psalm 19:14,"May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."

    ReplyDelete