Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Peace In Unsettled Times



“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27

Many people today fear we are in the last days. Our leaders negotiate with terrorists and shun our biggest friend Israel. What is wrong with that picture? Don't run for the hills, this is not about politics, but is about maintaining peace when humanly you have much to supposedly fear. Bank collapse. Moral collapse. Collapse of freedom. Guess what? Last time I checked God is still on the throne. The puny plans of mere men are nothing compared to the miracles of this Big God. 

What should you be doing right now? First use your voice to speak the truth in love. Note I said to do it "in love" as forcing your opinion on someone only makes them angry. The Holy Spirit is the one who changes people. We never will. Believe me, yours truly knows all too well. Next and probably most important is to keep praying. Third is to purposely pray for your enemies and those the government to become Christians if they aren't already and pray for the truth to win out. Finally relax. We serve a big God and He has it all under control. Don't catch yourself getting angry so much but stay involved in the freedom process and keep knowing God will work things out when it is His time. 

Now go out in this chaotic world and spread some peace and love today. 

PRAYER: I confess to you my fears of wondering what has happened to America. I start to fear the worst and then I realize you are bigger, much bigger,than all that is going on. You see the big picture. Help me to trust in you and relax. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment