Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, July 24, 2015

Weed Your Garden


The seed falling among the thorns refers to someone who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke the word, making it unfruitful. Matthew
 13:22

I love fresh vegetables and the sight of a pretty garden neatly kept. Driving past rows of corn planted by area farmers is also nice. Picking blueberries at a local farm is a fun activity walking through the rows of neatly groomed trees. When I lived in Arizona I enjoyed seeing rows of orange trees in groves. I myself am not the best gardener because I am lazy about pulling weeds. A few days ago I was weeding trying to unearth a couple lost watermelon vines. I had to search for the green beans my husband took the time to plant. In both cases I found them finally.

What if we let our spiritual garden get clogged up with weeds and did not do anything about it? Sin can overwhelm. The world can throw things at us and confuse our walk with the Lord. We can start doubting the truth found in the Bible. But if we 'weeded' our gardens by reading the Bible daily, studying it, and praying we would have a fruit bearing life. 

Don't let the weeds of life choke out the word of God in your life. Spend some time getting to know Him better by opening up the word of God. Satan flees when we pursue the Lord. 

PRAYER: Help me as I seek to get rid of weeds and thorns in my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment